This blog provides tips and tricks of the computing world....If you have any problem feel free to mail me crunchypc@gmail.com....
Google
 

Saturday, March 28, 2009

problem to get rid of stubborn virus!!! Avast BOOT TIME SCAN is here..




"I recently encountered a virus. I thought I got rid of it but apparently it is still there. I have been looking through my files and for the ones I don't know what they are I delete them. However, some of the files it says the file or folder and then says "It is being used by another person or program"." Do you encounter the same problem?? Dont worry, avast can solve them for you, :D

AVAST AV(click to download avast - its freeware) provide schedule boot scan before window start. if your PC got infected by virus, try to run a schedule boot scan before window start. This is to make sure the virus can’t load itself into the system memory while window start.

To schedule boot scan follow the steps below:-

  • Right click on the Avast system tray icon
  • Click on “Start Avast Anti Virus”
  • Avast anti virus window will pop up and run a memory scan
  • Once memory scan finish, you can right click on the Avast anti virus window and select “Schedule Boot Time Scan”
  • “Schedule Boot Time Scan” window will popup, select “Scan all local disk” and check on “Advanced Options”
  • For normal infected file select “Move infected files to Chest” and select “No action” for system files and Press “Schedule” button.
  • Avast will prompt you for restart to perform Boot time scan and click “Yes” to reboot and start the scan.
  • Done. Congratsss.. ;)

1 comment:

GST Training said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.